landscapes of lisbon
Lisbon, the capital of Portugal, is known for its picturesque landscapes and historic architecture. The city is built on a series of hills, offering panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Tagus River. Some of the most notable landscapes of Lisbon include:
1. The Baixa Pombalina: an 18th-century neighborhood known for its grid-like street layout and neoclassical architecture.
2. The Belem Tower: a UNESCO World Heritage Site that sits on the banks of the Tagus River and offers views of the city and the Atlantic Ocean.
3. The Alfama: the oldest neighborhood in Lisbon, known for its winding streets, traditional Fado music, and picturesque views of the city.
4. The São Jorge Castle: a Moorish castle built in the 11th century, it offers panoramic views of the city and the river.
5. The Padrão dos Descobrimentos: a monument that celebrates the Portuguese Age of Discovery and offers views of the river and the city.
These are just a few examples, but Lisbon offers many other landscapes and viewpoints worth visiting.